Monday, January 10, 2011

Denver Life Magazine's Director of Sales to take on "6 Week Fitness Challenge!"

Jeffrey Bowers, Director of Sales for Denver Life Magazine, begins a new chapter in his life today as he embarks on a      "6-Week Fitness Challenge" at Nick's Pro Fitness in Evergreen, CO.

Inspired by the "Fitness for Life" editorial feature in the current issue of Denver Life, I stopped in to Nick's Pro Fitness this past weekend and took part in one of the scheduled "Conditioning Boot Camp" classes taught by club owner, Nick Kapande, a Fifth Degree Black Belt and Tae KwonDo champion.  The 90-minute class was a true eye-opener to say the least!  I was completely awestruck at the strength and endurance of the diverse group of people in the class.  However, that feeling was overshadowed by my embarrassment of my own lack of strength and ability to complete even half of the high-intensity exercises involved.

Upon completion of the class, Nick came over and asked about my thoughts and opinion of the session.  I discussed with him about my high regard for the other attendees - ranging from 15 to 63 years of age - and their inspiring ability to complete his entire class.  I also mentioned my surprise at my own inability to deliver results.  Without hesitation, Nick responded with:  "Give me 6 weeks of your time, for 90 minutes a day, five days a week, and I guarantee that I can put you in the best shape of your entire life! My program is a total approach to vivacious and energetic good health and I can make you the strongest, most vibrant, leanest and most wonderful person that you can be, without question!"

I was sold.  I am an active 36-year-old husband; father of two energetic children: a 6-year old son and 5-year old daughter; and I have a full-time job that takes up the majority of my time.  I am the embodiment of our average Denver Life reader.  As a competitive person by nature, I was up for Nick's challenge.

Today, Monday, January 10, 2011, will mark Day 1 of my "6 Week Fitness Challenge" to discover first-hand if Nick's claim is realistic for the average Joe.  As a service to you, our valued Denver Life readers, I will post a daily message on our Facebook page so that you can follow along in my quest to get in shape, lose my belly fat, and become "the strongest, most vibrant, leanest and most wonderful person" that I can be.  Please be sure to send us any messages or thoughts as I embark on this quest to get in shape and adopt a more active and healthy lifestyle. I'm doing this not only for me, but for my family as well.  I would love to hear from you.

And if you are ever in Evergreen, or if you are interested in also taking on this challenge, come on up and join me at Nick's Pro Fitness (www.nicksprofitness.com), or simply call for more information: 303.674.6267

Thank you,
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment