Thursday, January 20, 2011

DAY 10

DAY 10 - Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/) Ph: (303) 769-6267

WAX ON!  WAX OFF!

This morning's workout saw a particularly small class, as compared to the usual large group of members who show up for a great early morning workout.  There were only 12 of us on this cold, snowy morning.  As a result, Nick decided to change things up a bit ... (Editor's Note: EVERY day is completely different at Nick's) ... and we did circuit training again.  This time, however, our workout had a psuedo"Karate Kid" type of feel too it that involved push-ups, pull-ups, and round-out kicks that were much more difficult to do in person than they look on tv.  I felt like "Danielson" training for the big karate match, and Nick Kapande was our "Mr. Miyagi, only not as old and without the Asian accent.  Same height, maybe.  I've never met the actor, Pat Morita, so I can not accurately portray the comparison.  Just use your imagination!

Unfortunately, Nick did not make any cool, creative comparisons between the moves were doing and everyday house-hold chores to really send the message home, like the iconic: "Wax on; Wax off!" comparison to a karate block.  Nope.  Nick is all business.  It was a simple: "You will kick like this!  Do it right the first time, and MAKE IT COUNT!"  Oh well, it was still a fun and challenging workout this morning that got the blood pumping and my shoulders burning.  It would have been great if Nick handed us all headbands with a Korean flag on it, just to complete the mood.  But that would not be Nick's style.  And we, as a group, would have probably gotten a bit out of control with laughter and goofing around.  On second thought, Nick may be brighter and more cunning than I previously gave him credit for!  It's as if he has been doing this sort of high-intensity training thing for the past 29 years, or so!  Hmm?  Food for thought.

Today, I feel great.  My body is starting to respond and I can definately feel a change occuring in my energy level and my overall well-being.  I hope you are enjoying reading my postings as much as I enjoy writing them.  Please do not hesitate to write me with any questions or comments.  I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment