Saturday, January 29, 2011

DAY 18

DAY 18 (Saturday morning)

1-Count, 2-Count, 3-Count, 4-COUNT! Ah-ah-ahhh... (The Count from Sesame Street!)

GOOD GRIEF!  This morning's workout was really, really tough.  And I don't mean because Nick forgot to bring donuts and bagels to the Club for "After Workout Snacks" either!  Nick was on a mission.  And that mission?  To make Jeff hurt and feel the pain.  As Nick told me: "Don't just hit the wall! I want you to run THRU the wall, Jeff! KNOCK IT DOWN for crying out loud! 

With our exercises, Nick is a real stickler for perfection.  He doesn't want his members to just go through the motions and move for the sake of moving.  He wants you to do it right.  And do it right everytime. Nick would rather see us do an exercise 10 times correctly, instead of 20 or 30 times incorrectly.  And for good reason. The correct way is WAY more difficult and painful than the incorrect way.  This was the case with my 4-Counts today.  Nick did not like my form.  SO, ... he stood over me and made sure my form was correct.  And the correct form was difficult.  Nick doesn't care that my knees don't bend that way, or that I thought I WAS keeping my back straight!  Nick wants perfection. So he stood there and yelled at me to keep my knees straight, and my back straight.  For 10 times. What a guy, right?  As I've said before:  He's my Mickey (from the "Rocky" movies).  "Keep those knees straight for cripes sake, Rock!" 

I definately got a good workout in this morning.  And Nick made sure that I did it right.  I sincerely do appreciate him for that, because he MAKES you work harder!  He MAKES you push yourself harder than you ever would on your own!  And Nick MADE me knock that wall of exhaustion down on several occassions today.  And I feel it even now, 5 hours later, as I sit comatose on my couch with a bottle of Motrin IB in one hand, and a tall glass of water in the other. I'm not going to lie to you: I really wish it was beer, though!  Ok, let's be honest with each other.  I'd be MUCH more happy if it was a beer in one hand, and a slice of thin crust pepperoni and jalapeno pizza in the other!  Now THAT would be perfection in my book.  And then I could be like The Count on Sesame Street and count all of the slices of pizzas I was going to eat:  "1. I have 1 slice of pizza! 2. I have 2 slices of pizza! Ah-ah-ahhhh...."  I love that muppet.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment