Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2

1st Thoughts: Only Day 2? Good grief. And I don't have a washboard stomach yet. This process is taking entirely too long for me.

I don't mean for these first 2 postings to be about my car, but I do have to send my sincerest regards to the master engineers at GM who developed such wonderful amenities for middle-aged, out-of-shape men like me.  You see, this morning was a little tough on my legs after last night's work-out, and they would not stop trembling when put to use.  This was most noticeable while driving. I tried my best to break and accelerate in a smooth, easy manner. That was not happening. Had the police been anywhere near my neighborhood this morning, they would have pulled me over for reckless driving or suspicion of drunk driving. I was slamming on the breaks at every stop sign, and then literally flooring it at acceleration. Try as I might, I just could not make a smooth breaking motion, or acceleration. And with the snow, I was all over the place - even in 4-Wheel Drive.

Bring on the wonderful Cruise Control - conveniently located right there on the steering wheel for sore arms - with the ability to accelerate ... AND decelerate ... at the click of a button! Bless you GM engineers. Bless you. That is how I managed to drive all the way to the office this morning. With my thumbs!

Tonight's work-out was tough. And Hot. Nick Kapande, our motivational leader, was so proud of getting the heat in the gym fixed. Apparently, last night's work-out was not hot enough! Nick likes a warm gym to keep us moving. So far, I am doing okay even at 9 PM. Here's the kicker though ... tomorrow's class (DAY 3) begins at 6 AM.

Who signed me up for this? Perhaps Nick will offer us snacks and refreshments for the morning class. Like bagels and coffee. That may be just wishful thinking on my part. I will be sure to let you know.

Thank you for reading this.

Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment