Sunday, January 23, 2011

DAY 12

DAY 12 (Saturday) - Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/)  Ph: (303) 674-6902

EATING & EXERCISE!

Today's 8:00AM class came quickly after Friday night's tough workout.  It is definately a tight-turn for exercising.  This morning, Nick decided it was time to weigh me again.  Nick's rule is to get weighed ever 3 days to judge your individual progress.  The scale was not good to me.  I went UP .5 lbs.  That's right: a half pound.  I can try and give execuses, like eating a very late dinner after last night's workout, and then a quick fruit shake for breakfast.  But the bottom line is this:  an increase in weight is an increase in weight for Nick.  And that has its own consequences.  In my case, my punishment was (still is) 1,200 mountain climbers.  Good grief!  At this rate, between gaining a half pound and being late for class, I'll be the best damn mountain climber around.

Nick has his own reason for my slight weight gain: not eating enough!  It never occured to me.  Nick and I talked at length about what I am eating and how often I am eating during this Challenge, and he is not happy.  I am only eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.  No in-between meals.  And that is another "no-no" at Nick's.  A huge part of the "6 Week Fitness Challenge" is not only making the commitment, dedication and sacrifice to be at ever single class to get in shape, but also to eat right, and more frequently every day.  Nick wants me to start eating a minimum of five (5) small meals a day of lean protein and vegetables.  By eating the right things (which I was already doing!), but eating MORE FREQUENTLY throughout the day, the weight will drop at an even quicker pace as I train my body's metabolism to get in shape.

I know that everyone else at Nick's already knows this fact.  You can see it by the great shape everyone at Nick's is currently in.  But with my busy, daily schedule of meetings around Denver and not a lot of down time, eating at various times throughout my day is difficult at best! I just don't really feel hungry all the time.  But this is where the sacrifice and dedication comes in to play.  I have to make the time.  I have to find the opportunities to eat the in-between meals in order to be 100% successful in making this positive change in my lifestyle.  Not just for the next six weeks, but for the long-haul.   I owe it to my wife, and to my two young children to be in the best shape of my life and be the best that I can be for them.  By eating!! I never thought a fitness expert and TaeKwon-Do champion would be telling me to "EAT MORE!"  I think I can make that happen.  Why not, right?

This weekend, while I watch the awesome football games on the tv -- GO BEARS! GO STEELERS! -- I will be preparing all of my meals for the week.  Mid-morning snacks, lunches, mid-afternoon snacks, and dinners. That way, they will be ready and convenient for consumption.  I'm looking forward to putting this theory to test with my busy schedule and the Conditioning Classes at Nick's, and my individual goal of losing 20-25lbs in the 6 weeks.

I will keep you posted!

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, yep, eating every 2 to 4 hours will definitely help! And making your meals way ahead of time is definitely the way to go... I grill a bunch of meat and veggies on Sundays so that I always have something quick to grab during the week.
    I can't believe he gave you 1200 mountain climbers for a half pound. He must really love you ;) If it makes you feel any better, back in November he gave me SEVEN THOUSAND. No freaking joke. Took me forever to finish them (doing only 300 upon entering class each day or I would be too exhausted to do the actual class!).
    Thanks for the posts! See you Monday night.
    maddee

    ReplyDelete