Monday, January 17, 2011

DAY 7

DAY 7 - Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/)  Ph: (303) 674-6902
(DAY 6 was folded in to DAY 5 – in case you were wondering!  It was a Saturday morning class.)

Going in to tonight's workout, after having ALL of Sunday off from exercising, it almost felt like I had been on vacation!  It was such a refreshing feeling not to be so sore.  However, and this still surprises even me, it also felt good to get back into the hot gym.  After spending a relaxing and sedintary Sunday on the couch watching those AWESOME football games on tv (GO BEARS! GO STEELERS!), my body was actually ready to get back to the exercise routine.  It is difficult for me to explain, but I felt a slight tinge of sluggishness today without having had any rigorous movement for 1 1/2 days. Crazy, I know. 

Perhaps, and don't tell Nick Kapande this, but just perhaps ... he may be on to something.  That once you have given your body a taste of intense physical activity, and endured several days of grueling workouts that involve every muscle in your body, you almost start to miss it! The adrenaline and the rush of the workout becomes sort of intoxicating. SORT OF!!! I am not going to get too far ahead of myself here.  I am hungry and dillusional.

It is ONLY Day 7, of course, and I have not had anything more than a meager salad for lunch at 11:30AM today so my mind may be playing tricks on me.  I am so not ready to call myself "addicted" to this grinding 90-minute Conditioning Class, six days a week, just yet. Tonight's workout was a punishing stomach and chest workout that has left my shoulders achey, and my stomach tight. (No washboard tummy yet, though! I check everyday in the mirror for it.)  I can't wait to try and sit-up in bed tomorrow morning!! That should prove for some laughs. Although, I must say, I have become quite skilled at the art of rolling out of bed and landing on my feet.  It's a bit trickier than it sounds, my friends. Give it a try!

CONGRATULATIONS to the Evergreen High School Girls Soccer Team!  They have also joined Nick's "6 Week Fitness Conditioning Class" to gain a HUGE competitive advantage over the other schools in their conference.  They were right there in the class tonight, doing their best to keep up and complete all of Nick's exercises without complaint or despair.  They did awesome tonight. 

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment