Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DAY 15

DAY 15 

BEN HUR

This morning's workout, Wednesday, marked Day 2 that Nick is away on business.  Mike McMahon ran the workout session on Tuesday night, but this morning was Ben's turn.  Now you need to know (2) things about Ben before I get in to my post: 1) Ben's wife is a yoga instructor, so Ben is more flexible than most men (he, like Nick, can do the splits!); and 2) Ben is in great shape and must be doing Nick's workouts because he's either bored or because he likes to catch up on the Evergreen town gossip that gets discussed during the warm-up stretches!

This morning, like Mike McMahon the night before, Ben was a bit more low-key and relaxed than Nick Kapande who has such an intense energy vibe surrounding him at all times. Ben took his time leading us through our stretches, which is good AND bad for an out-of-shape, unflexible guy like me.  To give you an insight into my stretching abilities, I get really excited when I can bend over and touch my fingers to the floor without bending my knees!  Yup ... it's Miller Time when Jeff can touch his toes.  That was about the extent of my pre-exercise stretching before I joined Nick's Pro Fitness.

For our morning workout, Ben decided that the entire class should have upper arms and shoulders as strong as his are.  We did all types of arm circles, arm extensions, and push-ups.  My shoulders were burning so bad, it was truly hard to keep the pace.  Ben never broke a sweat, the show-off!  Another different to note between Ben and Nick Kapande -- Ben smiles through much of the work-out as if he thinks this is fun and mildly relaxing.  Nick is serious, and takes the workout seriously.  Again, not for better or worse, just a difference in teaching styles.

And again, I was sadly mistaken to think that maybe Ben would take it easy on us this morning while Nick was away.  Nope.  I left the class exhausted and thoroughly spent.  You were a fearsome and admirable foe, Ben, and I salute you.  Figuratively, of course, as because of you ... I can not lift my arms once again.  SO, use your imagination and just pretend that I am saluting you, Ben.  It's ok.  I'll nod in agreement. 

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment