Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DAY 8

DAY 8 - Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/)  Ph; (303) 679-6267

Keep Smiling!

I must apologize for my delay in getting this Posting out, regarding DAY 8 of my "6 Week Challenge"!  You see, only now can I actually keep my arms in place without them getting fatigued and falling back to down to my sides.  Nick was in a "playful" mood last night, and gave us one heckuva workout.  I realize that I am using the descriptive words: "intense", "grueling", "exhausting", and "painful" all too frequently in my daily posts.  The only excuse I can provide to you, my readers, is: YOU DO IT!!  These are the exact feelings I experience on a daily basis at Nick's Conditioning Class. 

It is encouraging, and freakishly scary at the same time, that every one of Nick's members who are partaking in the Conditioning Class are absolutely spent by the end of the workout.  Even those who have been working out with Nick for several years are exhausted by the end of the 90-minute session!  And they're seasoned veterans.  So, I am glad to know that is not just me who is doing everything I can to keep up, and not throw up in class (last night, I did have the dreaded gag-reflex a few times, but was able to keep my composure).

The Good News:  This has been an incredible eight days, so far.  I am beginning to see a noticable change in my body, and the workouts - though tough and not for the faint of heart - are beginning to feel more comfortable.  I can see that this is going to be a truely life-changing moment for me going forward.

The Bad News:  Nick is beginning to notice as well, and that acts as a catalyst for him to start picking on my technique and notice whenever my body gives out and I have to take a quick breather!  "KEEP GOING, JEFF! BREATHE, AND KEEP MOVING!  NO SHORT CUTS ALLOWED IN MY CLASS, JEFF!"  I hear him yell from the front of the gym. 

That voice is going to start ringing in my head and bring about nightmares as my weeks continue, I just know it.  For now, though, my philosophy and attitude are upbeat and whenever I hear Nick call me out -- I just SMILE!  And that annoying song that Dory sings from the Disney movie "Finding Nemo" pops into my head for the duration of my workout: 
"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LAH! Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming"!!! 

And now it's stuck in your head, isn't it?  I love it.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment