Sunday, January 23, 2011

DAY 11

DAY 11 (Friday) - Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/) Ph:  (303) 674-6902
Total Weight Loss to date: 6 lbs

TARDINESS!

Today was another first for me during my "6 Week Fitness Challenge" at Nick's Pro Fitness in Evergreen, CO.  Car trouble!  Yup.  I had what the mechanic told me was a "minor" issue and should only take a few hours to repair and get back on the road.  Unfortunately, the mechanic ran into some unexpected challenges while repairing my vehicle and it wasn't until the very last minute that he informed me I would not have my car back until Saturday!!  "Oh crap!" was my first reaction.  Not because of the additional repairs needed on my car, but at the thought of being LATE for Nick's class -- a HUGE "No-no" at Nick's Pro Fitness. 

I quickly talked Shawn Miller, Publisher of Denver Life Magazine, into letting me take his car so I could race up to Evergreen and try and make it to the scheduled work-out on time.  Unfortunately, traffic delayed my arrival by 45 minutes.  As I approached Nick's Pro Fitness, the thought did occur to me to just skip the workout and make it to Saturday morning's class.  Well, that thought lasted about 2 minutes until I remembered just how Nick handles those who are either late, or miss altogether, one of his classes.  Lots, and lots, and lots of kick-backs, mountain climbers, bear crawls, or whatever he is in the mood for at the time.  And they are NO FUN at all! 

I walked in a good 50 minutes late, with still 40 minutes left to go in the workout, and sure enough ... Nick gave me 300 mountain climbers right away for being late, and then told me to join the intense cardio going on.  Let me tell you that just in the 40 minutes alone, the exhaustion and burning in my legs was enough to know I had made the right choice.

This is one of the things Nick preaches to all of his members almost on a daily basis: Commitment and Dedication. It takes 100% commitment and dedication to want to change your life. To want to improve your health and get the most out of your life.  It takes commitment and dedication to know that, even when running 45 minutes late, it is far better to still show up and do as much as you can with the remainder of the time, than to just "skip it" and try and make up that time tomorrow.  As Nick says: "There are no short cuts to good health.  There are no do-overs in life.  There is only today." 

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment