Monday, February 28, 2011

WEEK 7

WEEK 7

CHALLENGE UPDATE!

This posting is unusual in that it will cover the entire week of February 21 - 26 (last week).  Unfortunately, with getting the new March/April "Renovation" issue of Denver Life Magazine ready to gou out to the printer so that it will hit newsstands on time this week, my previous week flew by and my daily postings got away from me.

Last week was no walk in the park, as with ANY of my previous six (6) weeks at Nick's Pro Fitness.  Now you may notice that the title of this posting is "Challenge Update" of my "6 Week Fitness Challenge"!  You see, upon conclusion of my 6 weeks, Nick decided that because I had missed an entire week of working out at Nick's while I was in Pennsylvania, he said that I needed to make that week up.  Never mind the fact that I was able to lose another 5lbs while I was away in PA!  That didn't matter.  It was the simple fact that I was not working out with Nick that week. And that is all there was to that particular conversation. 

So here I sit, at the start of Week 7.  I should also point out at this point where I currently stand with my fitness and weight loss goals. 

As of Saturday, February 26th, I have lost a total of 19lbs. But that number is a bit misleading.  You see, my Body Fat Index has dropped from 34.5% at the start of this challenge to 20.2% BFI.  That is a loss of 14.3% in Body Fat alone!  In pounds, that is 29.6lbs of FAT.  Yes, you read that right.  29.6 pounds of fat I have lost over the past 6 weeks.  I have gained ten (10) pounds of just muscle.  No six pack abs yet, but the muscle's absotuley there.  It's just protected by a soft tissue layer. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

So here I start, Week 7 of my Fitness Challenge and I am sincerely impressed and pleased with my results to date. I have gone down two (2) belt loop holes in all of my belts, and my clothes are looser-fitting.  I feel great, and my energy level during the day is non-stop.  This has been a wonderful transition and I am excited to continue the work that lies ahead.  I honestly hope that, through my own personal experiences, you yourself have been motivated - or at least intrigued - to get up off that couch or desk chair and do something about your own health and fitness.  I hope that you have been at curious to see what Nick's is all about, and about how SPECIAL Nick's Pro Fitness truly is.   Please do not let the distance hold you back from going up to Evergreen at least ONE TIME to check Nick's out.  I promise you that, if nothing else, you will experience something fun, unique and motivating.  Give it a shot!  You just never know what will come of it.  Besides, who doesn't like driving through the beautiful little community of Evergreen, CO and looking at all of the Elk in the Taco Bell Drive-Thru lane on Stagecoach Pass & Evergreen Parkway?  It's a great Kodak moment, for sure.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment