Thursday, February 3, 2011

DAY 22

DAY 22 - Thursday;

"BOOT CAMP" and "PILATES"

Today was my first "Boot Camp" and "Pilates" back-to-back fitness classes at the fitness club here in Western PA.  I went in with a curious eye as I have been doing Nick's version of an intense boot camp with his Conditioning Classes the past three weeks. How would this "Boot Camp" measure up?  Let me tell you this:  There is only ONE Nick Kapande!  No one does it better.  No one is more intense. No one is a more gifted athlete.  Don't get me wrong, today's "Boot Camp" class was a good exercise class.  A lot of lunges, a lot of shoulder and bicep exercises with weights, and several other new exercises I have never done before that did make my shoulders and abs burn.  But the intensity just wasn't there.  And we wore shoes!  And socks!  And it was cool in the gym!!  Who knew I would miss the heated sweat box of Nick's Pro Fitness?!

After an hour of getting in a decent workout at the Boot Camp, it was time for Pilates.  I have NEVER done Pilates before.  Ever. Needless to say, it was an interesting experience.  I learned that my core STILL is not strong enough, and I still really hate to do the plank!  Whether at Nick's Pro Fitness, or in Pilates, the plank move is tough to hold for me.  I had a few good laughs with some of the moves, as we would have to hold them for a minute or longer, and my stomach muscles would begin to shake - causing my whole body to shake and I would then have to laugh.  But I did break a sweat, and I my stomach muscles are still burning even now as I write this post.

I don't know if Nick would be proud or not, (probably not!) but he would be pleased that I got in a decent two-hour workout that worked a lot of different muscle groups for me.  We'll see how tomorrow's "Total Body Fitness" class at the club goes!

Stay tuned!

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment