Friday, February 11, 2011

DAY 26

DAY 26 - Wednesday 

WELCOME BACK!

I got back from my week's long trip to PA today, just in time to make an evening Fitness class at Nick's Pro Fitness!  And Nick's first response upon seeing me:  "Well? Did you gain any weight? Did you keep up with your workouts and diet?" he asked with a stern tone and questioning look in his eyes.   Ahh ... it feels good to be loved and cared for.

And thus began our workout.  Words are not lost on Nick, however, actions speak louder than words when working out at Nick's Pro Fitness.  And my ability to keep up with the workout was going to be Nick's evaluation of my time away.  As we got in to our workout, Nick did notice my sluggishness and gasping for air almost immediately. His response to me:  "WELCOME BACK, JEFF!"

That's right.  Even after a week of working out on my own and going to the other gym's fitness classes in PA, I found it somewhat difficult to get right back in to the swing of things with the fast-paced and intense cardio training at Nick's.  I thought for sure I would come back with the same energy and fitness level.  It amazed me what a week away from Nick's hard-core training can do to your body and your ability to keep up.

Needless to say, the workout went fine despite my struggles to keep up and keep the correct form.  (DARN those annoying Frog Leaps!  Murder on the thighs.)  It felt good (well, painful really!) to be back and working at my maximum capacity.  As I have written here before, there is something truly different and unique about Nick's Pro Fitness that pushes you further than you think you are capable and the results are awesome.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment