Thursday, February 3, 2011

DAY 21

DAY 21 - Wednesday; Nick's Pro Fitness (http://www.nicksprofitness.com/) Ph: (303) 674-6902

DAY 1 ON MY OWN!!

So here I am, in beautiful Western PA, amidst all of the snow, hurricane-force winds, and freezing temperatures!! Good to be back in the East.  And thus starts my week of self-discipline, self-motivation, and self-training without the help (or the razor-like gaze of Nick watching over me to make sure I'm not cheating on any of my exercises!)  My wife and kids are here with me, and my wife has been hugely supportive of my "6 Week Fitness & Weightloss Challenge".  In fact, she has also started her own workout regime at the same time.  My wife also went from a sedintary lifestyle to suddenly having to workout every day.  She is doing Pilates.  She tried Zumba, but found she was as coordinated as a woman with 2 left feet!  She said she flailed around - looking like a dork - and could not control her laughter at her own image in the mirror.  As a result, Zumba is out.

Starting today, my wife signed us both up for a series of fitness classes at the locally-owned fitness club just down the road from where we are staying.  Unfortunately, due to timing issues with our young kids and other commitments, we missed our fitness classes today, so we had to take it upon ourselves to get in a good wokout.  I had printed out a workout that Nick Kapande and Lou Appelhans had given me prior to my trip.  It consisted of a lot of sets of mountain climbers, kick backs, 4-counts, push ups, sit-ups, etc.  My wife and I had a small gym room to ourselves, and I walked her through a "Satellite Nick's Workout"!  Needless to say, she did a great job of trying to keep up and complete the exercises, but in the end, it was mostly me.  And it was tough!  Having her there, with me, was good because she quickly adapted to the "Nick" roll and was egging me on and telling me not to give up.

In the end, we did a pretty aggressive 30 minute mini-workout, and then hit the exercise bike for another 30 minutes.  Not the same as Nick's 90 minute Conditioning Class, but a good out-of-town workout nonetheless.  We were both thoroughly exhausted and my thighs were burning from the 30 minute fast ride on the bike.  Added to my continuation of the diet that Nick has me on, even here in PA, I feel real good about how things are going so far.  So far, as in DAY 1, that is!!  We'll see how the classes go tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.
Jeffrey Bowers
Director of Sales
Denver Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment